Thursday 25 October 2018

Gov has abandoned DSP crackdown for lack of success in savings :)

Murdoch calling us a burden in The Australian 2015
Mad Morrison as treasurer in last years budget was touting savings of $61 million over 5 years by cracking down on people who were supposedly ripping off the system by claiming the Disability Support Pension (DSP). 

However these grand supposed savings have come to nought with the whole crackdown being abandoned because it found there was in fact hardly anyone who was claiming the DSP who was ineligible to do so. A mere less than 2% in fact, making the clampdown administrative process more expensive than any savings gained.

As someone who's been on the DSP since 2012, I honestly have no idea how anyone could be granted it when they're ineligible for it. You have to go through so much to get the thing in the first place it seems beyond bizarre that a faker could succeed.  

Then there's what would be the absolute drama of being a vulnerable sick person having to go through the mental torture of proving all over again that you do indeed qualify for the DSP. Do they honestly think that someone would chose to go into likely poverty and jump through all those Centrelink hoops in an evil plot to steal a pittance to survive on? It's just nonsensical.

So next time you hear some RWNJ banging on about us evil DSP'ers ripping off the system, you can tell them it's just not true. Any so called crackdown on us is just pointless nitpicking and entrenches the narrative that we're all a bunch of scam artists.
The federal government has scrapped a policy to review the medical condition of 90,000 people on the disability support pension (DSP) after less than 2% people were found to be ineligible. 


 During the 2016-17 budget, the government said plans to conduct a medical review of 30,000 DSP recipients a year for three years would result in 2,300 people having their benefits cancelled each year, with 1,800 moved onto a lower Newstart allowance payment. 


 The measure was forecast to save the budget $61.2m over five years but amid worse-than-expected initial results a government-controlled parliamentary committee last year said the reviews could end up costing more than it saved. 


On Thursday, the Department of Social Services revealed the crackdown had been scrapped – but did not reveal if the review had incurred a net loss. 


Officials said of the 30,056 reviews that had begun, 28,784 had been finalised, and only 555 people were found to be no longer eligible for the DSP – a success rate of less than 2%. 


 “In May, I indicated that the department was monitoring that process … and the government has decided not to continue with that measure,” the department secretary, Kathryn Campbell, told the hearing. 


The decision was made earlier this month. 


Campbell said assessments were still ongoing that tested DSP recipients’ income and assets. The Guardian  

2 comments:

  1. I’m recommending Dr Godday to everyone who have herpes virus to get the cure from him. I was diagnose of genital herpes in 2015 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the disease because i did not believe what the doctors say that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Godday herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr email and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through courier and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE. I waited another month and retested the result was still NEGATIVE and my doctor told me that am completely free from herpes. Am so happy and grateful to Dr Godday for what he has done for me and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. You can contact Dr Godday on email and WhatsApp to get the cure from him. Email:goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/What’s-app +1{919}4956404.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR OOSA HAVE THE BEST CURE FOR HERPES.
    I'm so Happy to write this article because I know it will help a lot of people who are suffering from Herpes. I got positive to the deadly Virus called herpes and I lost hope completely because I heard there was no cure . I want to thank doctor oosa for getting rid of my herpes with the help of his natural herpes eraser . I used the medicine as he instructed and I got cured after completing the dose of the medicine. It's really like a dream but I'm so happy that's the reason why I published this article . contact him for herpes cure or other disease cure via
    whatsapp: +2349134261364 
    Email: doctoroosaherbalhome@gmail.com
      My name is Millian josh,  you can add me on facebook for more info about dr oosa herbal medicine.

    ReplyDelete