Wednesday 24 October 2018

Should schools refusing gay teachers lose government funding? - Q&A bonus question (video)

Philip Ruddock was head of the religious freedom review

The ABC's Question And Answer show on Monday nights often has a "bonus question" that they put on YouTube after running out of time on the broadcast program. Sometimes those questions not seen except online can be one of the most interesting in the whole show, as is this one.


We all know in Australia how the leaking of a part of the Philip Ruddock (above) religious freedom review caused Mad Morrison all sorts of problems when he at first backed the existing right of religious schools in some states to expel gay students because of their sexuality. There was such an uproar that within a couple of days Mad Morrison completely back flipped and promised federal legislation to make this illegal Australia wide. That "urgent" legislation however has still not been presented to the parliament.

The next logical question following that was why should gay teachers be discriminated against by religious schools, where it's still fine in parts of Australia (NSW a prime example) to either not hire a teacher or sack them because they're gay.  After all, what would a gay student think about seeing a teacher in the religious school fired by the school because the teacher was gay? Obviously it follows that the school fired the teacher because the school considered that there was something wrong with the teacher; their sexuality. 

What would that do to a vulnerable teenager? When all their friends knew why the teacher was fired, would they then look at the gay student like there must be something wrong with him too? Would that instigate a situation of bullying against the gay student by homophobic bully's in the school? What would the gay student's life be like after that knowing the school was against them at the highest level?

So now that the Australian public is aware of this discrimination, has soundly supported the LGBT in the (unnecessary) postal survey, is it right that religious schools who receive gov funding to continue to be allowed to discriminate against LGBT teachers in 2018? Is state funded discrimination still OK in a modern secular Australia, where 30% of all Australians don't identify with any religion at all?

 

2 comments:

  1. It's so amazing when one finally finds joy in achieving something that’s so important to humans, which is sound good health, bcs there’s nothing more beautiful than having good health and  being free from disease and infections. I don’t even know what else to say or rather how to express my joy, but it must! Be voiced out for thy Lord God Almighty is worthy to be praised . I never knew or believed I would be cured from my hsv2. It is a miracle and a thing of joy, just two weeks of me following some real and fast effective protocols I was able to eradicate my long term genital herpes. I can boldly say that I’m now herpes negative. I’m cured from my HSV2. I’m so excited . I’m willing to help anyone who’s out there still suffering from the herpes virus. If you need any assistance on how to get rid of your herpes virus just the way I got rid of mine within two weeks, just email herbal Dr. Kham at dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com Doctor Kham is also available on WhatsApp. You can write to him on WhatsApp (+2348159922297)   and you will share your healing protocols the way i just did or visit his website at https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba           

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES.,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON MY MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL, I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEPT MY HOPE ALIVE, I CONTACTED ROBINSON BUCKLER VIA HIS EMAIL, HE REPLIED, THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,HE SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE I USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS AND NOW I AM TOTALLY CURED LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN, CONTACT HIM VIA EMAIL______________________Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete