Saturday 20 October 2018

The pathetic Australian gov attempt to block torrent sites


This all came about under the Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison (ATM) gov. The bright sparks, no doubt at the urging of their glorious leader Rupert Murdoch, decided that they would try to block overseas torrent downloading sites. I guess Rupert was all pissed off that Australians are the highest per capita pirates in the world and regularly download his Foxtel shows for nothing.

So anyway the gov to block such sites had to go to the federal court and get it decreed that the list of sites they wanted blocked were in fact blocked. They do this by making it law that the ISP has to block the site that the court has told them to. Yes it all sounds like snail mail going up against email or something.

Being as my main browser is Opera that comes with a free VPN  I go to various torrent downloading sites and never come across any blocked torrent site ever. In fact I leave the VPN enabled all the time so the gov will see absolutely nothing of my Metadata. Fuck them.

Out of curiosity though I thought I might try it on the recently download Firefox browser I have now trying it out. It doesn't have a VPN, and so I tried to see what it was like to get blocked by the great wall of Australia. 

Surprisingly I found it quite difficult to do so. Tried a few saved sites I had on Opera (Limetorrents, x1337x, and even the Torrentz2 site where you can search the entire web for torrents) and Firefox went straight to them. They were entirely unblocked. I thought surely eztv would come up with some blocked thing, and I was right. Which is where I got the header above for this post :)

Thing is, I don't hardly ever use eztv anyway. The torrents that go up on there are generally a bit later than other sites that have TV series. 

So I'd have to call the gov's pathetic efforts at internet censorship a complete and utter failure. The idea itself about as fossilised as Murdoch himself. About as brain dead as this gov. What a complete waste of time and effort. Fucking around ISP's for absolutely nothing. *sheesh* 

 

2 comments:

  1. It's so amazing when one finally finds joy in achieving something that’s so important to humans, which is sound good health, bcs there’s nothing more beautiful than having good health and  being free from disease and infections. I don’t even know what else to say or rather how to express my joy, but it must! Be voiced out for thy Lord God Almighty is worthy to be praised . I never knew or believed I would be cured from my hsv2. It is a miracle and a thing of joy, just two weeks of me following some real and fast effective protocols I was able to eradicate my long term genital herpes. I can boldly say that I’m now herpes negative. I’m cured from my HSV2. I’m so excited . I’m willing to help anyone who’s out there still suffering from the herpes virus. If you need any assistance on how to get rid of your herpes virus just the way I got rid of mine within two weeks, just email herbal Dr. Kham at dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com Doctor Kham is also available on WhatsApp. You can write to him on WhatsApp (+2348159922297)   and you will share your healing protocols the way i just did or visit his website at https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba           

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES.,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON MY MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL, I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEPT MY HOPE ALIVE, I CONTACTED ROBINSON BUCKLER VIA HIS EMAIL, HE REPLIED, THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,HE SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE I USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS AND NOW I AM TOTALLY CURED LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN, CONTACT HIM VIA EMAIL______________________Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete