Sunday 20 November 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I finally did it. I actually got to the point of watching the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Having trouble sleeping last night with a headache and sore throat, so plugged it into the telly in the bedroom. Daughter gave me the file some time ago and it's just been sitting there on one of my external hard drives for weeks. I got a little stereo in the bedroom too and plugged the sound into that. Daughter was out with friends so didn't need to worry about it being too load. 

I was very impressed. Am a Planet of the Apes fanatic. I have three of the original movies on DVD, including the very first one made in 1968 with Charlton Heston. Dunno how many times I've watched it;


The new remakes were pathetic I thought. There was something about those first ones, a certain feel to the movie, that leaves them towering above those modern remakes. So I was a bit skeptical about this latest release.

What impressed me so much I think was that it was able to capture that same sort of feel of the original movie way back in 1968. There were also some direct references to the original in this one. The apes being locked in cells, as the humans were, and the line "It's a madhouse! A madhouse!"

The best line of all though was a direct reference to Heston's legendary line in the original, when his throat finally heals and he speaks for the first time, "Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!" What a line!



And in this movie, the line is used again. "Take your stinking paw off me you damn dirty ape!", and Caesar speaks for the first time. The word "NO!" OMG I was getting goosebumps all over. 



Looks like I have found something I used to like doing. Watching Planet of the Apes.

Went to the medical centre just up the road yesterday. Lucked out only had to wait 20 minutes to see a doctor. Bulk billed/free. I'm back on antibiotics again. Doc said my throat was very red and I explained a bit of what had been going on, and that I'd rather fix it now than it maybe turn into something worse. Only 5 days worth, she didn't give any repeats. Probably be enough. So sick of taking the bloody things. Got diarrhea again already from them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment