Saturday 12 November 2011

Dealing with the Indian call centre

Was so tired at work this week. I dunno how I ever worked 5 days earlier this year as sick as I was. May have been due to the heat as we've had some very warm weather for a couple of days. And the air conditioning at work wasn't going properly and had to be fixed. It was quite hot and humid inside the factory and was sweating. Good god, sweating darlings! All too much for a delicate flower such as I. Had the air conditioner on at home for a couple of hours at night just to get the humidity out of the room. Been going to work just in t-shirt and shorts in the mornings. The other morning on the way to work the driver had a radio on the bus listening to it, and they gave the temperature at 7am as 27 degrees C (80F). 

Was talking to a mate at work about the whole bank thing. Quite amazed by all this new info I'm finding out. He said all these laws regarding financial hardship came in under the Labor gov only the last few years after they tossed out John Howard and his mob. Certainly is going to be something to remember in the future. Back before these laws the banks, despite making profits of $billions and someone like me going nearly 30 years as a perfect customer, they just fucked you over when you fell on bad times. That's what pissed me off about the Indian call centre; after all those years the bank thought it was just fine to harass me like that, inferring even that my not paying was somehow my fault. 

I spoke to the $guru later after the email exchange, and discussed the whole matter. I said I thought you wouldn't expect a bank to act illegally like that. That you'd think that the bank would know the law. He reckoned (and I guess he'd know as he deals with this all the time) that they do know the law, but that they simply try it on with you. And that usually a threat to take them to the Ombudsman gets them to play fair. Again, this is after being a customer of theirs for nearly 30 years, and they treat me like this! I'm not impressed with them at all. Particularly as the other bank I have a debt with has been a huge contrast; friendly, helpful, and no fuckin Indian call centre harassment. 

Guru says the calls will probably continue over the weekend as his Authority to act on my behalf form he faxed them will take 48 hours to get into their computers. I said I could handle that. In fact I got one yesterday and just hung up. I've realised there's quite a delay between me saying hello and them starting to speak, so I know straight away it's them. Oh..... just got another one now. Meh..... Told them it's all been referred to my financial counselor who will be acting on my behalf. That pretty well shut them up.  Lovelly. 

They are relentless. A while back my contract ran out with my ISP and so I could end it with that company if I wanted and go elsewhere. I didn't want to, was happy with the service. But suddenly started getting these aggressive calls from India trying to get me to sign up for another 2 year contract. I didn't want to, but they kept ringing and ringing for ages. Relentlessly hounding me. I guess they're on commission, but I doubt the companies hired by them have any idea how much having to deal with them trashes the brand of that company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment