Thursday 30 December 2010

Who rescues who?

Latest dialysis and no migraine. Whew. Have dropped to 72.5 kilos after this session so slowly getting back to normal weight. Doc says he is confident I won't end up on dialysis for good and that I will recover. Even the horrible burning indigestion/reflux is going. Not counting the chooks yet, but things are at least going in the right direction.


Getting there on the bus is fine. I just grab hold of railings and such and take not the slightest chance. Bus drivers see that and wait. 


Simon is coming next week, evidently to rescue me. Oh that will be nice, I've never been rescued before. But seriously I'm glad he hasn't been here some of the last few nights, I have been in a shocking state some of them; crying from the migraine, short of breath from fluid going to my lungs overnight in bed. The poor dear would've likely dragged me back to the hospital out of worry. It's been good to just be at home alone for a bit and get my feet back on the ground. Much rather see him with me in a better state and have some quality time with him, instead of it just being about me and my illness. 


He's up in Brisbane at the moment, got stuck looking after his son's 3 enormous dogs whilst his son and his wife went on an overseas holiday FFS. I told him he was mad at the time for doing it, even before I nearly carked it. Got to man up Simon, bla bla.... But no. The dogs are so big he has to tie the three of them to the back of the ute to get them to the fuckin park! Then let them go a bit for exercise. Then there's all this dog politics going on between them. Fucks sake! And it's been nothing but rain in Brisbane, being just south of the big wet up there. And he's trapped in Brisbane suburbia, ack, think he's been having a worse fuckin time than me. On top of all that his ex-wife has been visiting their son whilst he's there, an alcoholic who treats him like shit. 


Personally I don't know who is going to be rescuing who when he drives down next week. Neither of us are into drag so I guess there won't be any nurses uniforms involved.

6 comments:

  1. Peter
    Glad to hear this treatment went better than the last couple horrible one's. Three dogs is nothing, I have five, one being a Pitbull. Hope you have a Happy New Years Eve. I know you don't like Christmas, is New Years different? To bad S won't be there with you for New Years, but next week all should be much better when he gets there. Keep improving. Dave Milwaukee USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. phantomtexasrose1 January 2011 at 15:34

    I, too, am glad to hear you are doing better. Hope S's visit is a good one. Did you get to see the New Year fireworks on the bridge from your window? I hope you have a much better year in 2011.

    Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO PETER? I have not heard from him since the last year and I am getting a little concerned.
    Please post here if you know Peter and what has happened to him.
    Dave, Milwaukee USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have lost contact and am very concerned. I have sent personal email with no reply. Pete just want you to know that we are still here. Have some one post updates for you. Still praying for you.
    Kevin C Frankfort IN. Old class mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. phantomtexasrose14 January 2011 at 15:32

    I, too, have not heard from Peter. Very concerned. I will try to contact his daughter, just hope her e-mail has not changed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies,there is no fuckin net in the hospital. I was too sick to get on the net anyway. :(

    ReplyDelete