Sunday 26 December 2010

My best Christmas day for years

Things had reached a head with J, the latest x-flatmate. I had been trying to get a civilised response out of her via text in the hospital as to when she was going to be getting her stuff out of the spare room. Explaining very politely that I had nearly died and I would be spending a good deal of time at home in the coming weeks recovering, and that I would not be able to deal with her shit in doing so. I just wanted her to get her stuff and get out of my life. The initial text response was "I don't care about your near death experience...." and a short rant indicating her 'homelessness' was my fault and she had her own problems, and she didn't have any idea when she was going to get it. WTF? This she sent to me whilst I was in turmoil in the hospital.


She does however, being "homeless" and all, find it very do-able to get blind drunk at the pub 2 or 3 times a week. She's not exactly living in the park, just with relo's or friends I suppose. 


So she decides that last Thurs was going to be the day for pick up. I text her she would have to sort it out with my daughter as she was looking after the house for me and was the only other one with a key. So I am in hospital, daughter at work all day, and has made plans to go out later with friends. She waits at the arganised time for J to come. J ends up being an hour late than what she said, so daughter leaves to meet up with her friends. J can't get her stuff (of course none of this is J's fault....) J gets angry, again..... 


I finally get out of hospital Friday, and yesterday (Christmas day) sending J a very polite text asking her to check her email as I've sorted through all my appts next week and come up with times I will be available for her to get her stuff. At the end saying that whether she wanted to or not, she needed to know that I was very ill and this had to go as smoothly as possible; just get her stuff and get out of my life. I included a pic of my new plastic jewelery for good measure in case she thought I was BS'ing. 


J sends back an email, exploding vitriol and venom completely unprovoked, indicating again how much she didn't care about me and all, bla bla bla... I reply that after an email like that it was the last straw, and unless she gave me a very good reason why I should continue to store her stuff here then I would begin chucking it on the st right then and there.


Nothing. 


I send text, "Check your email bitch". She replies, "No, I'm just going to have a good Christmas". (WTF?) I reply "Chucking now", and proceeded to do so:





It took me a while, 3 hours, as I'm very sick and weak. But I got there in the end. A nice neat pile out the front. Took pics of the neatness and sent her text "It's done".


Shortly later the local police ring, she has rung them. They say I could get charged with "malicious damage" if anything out there gets taken or broken, along with a short lecture about it being Christmas day (which I don't celebrate) and what a terrible thing to do to her. I listen calmly, they ask me to bring it back in, I say I can't I'm too weak, which leads to an explanation from me about my hospital stay nearly dying and all, only out the day before, the text "I don't care about your near death experience...." whilst in hospital, and that I was beyond caring about getting charged. I just needed her out of my life, my solicitor and psychologist would back me up on that. The police backed right down, said they would ring her back and tell her to organise it to be picked up, about a carload. 


Somebody came and got it last night. It's all gone this morning. Oh how liberating! My best Christmas in years!



4 comments:

  1. Good grief! I am so thankful that you are ok and that you let me know. I have been so worried about you. I checked your blog every day until yesterday watching for you to post something. I am so glad that AR was there to help you out and that S called. Bravo you put the ex's stuff out. Probably more lifting than you should be doing so soon out of hospital, but glad for you that it is gone. Great about the half-pay from your job while you are out. Will the other people be paying you something too so that you have enough for your expenses? Take very good care of yourself. Sounds like you have a lot of people everywhere willing to help you. You are a very lucky man. Much love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day C,

    Yes it was most annoying being stuck offline for a week. There was a very weak signal coming from the nearby shopping centre but too weak to connect.

    The amount of paperwork I'd have to go through to get anything out of Centrelink (gov support) it'd take a month before I got anything. Have enough money for now, not exactly partying. See how it goes, hopefully I can start returning to work beginning of Feb prob light duties, they've been very good about it.

    Was a huge shock for AR, as well as me. She has been very supportive and caring throughout the whole thing. Wanted to strangle J in the process.

    Still really sick, ankles swollen, although kidneys are beginning to make urine again not going too strong and I'm on a litre a day fluid restrictions. Still in shock at being flattened so quickly. HIV is such a smart little bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, so glad your back at home. It most be a big comfort. Sorry about the crap with your friend. Sounds like you are much better having her out of your life. Will keep up on the recovery. Take care of yourself. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Dave,

    Yeah did she ever turn out a fruitcake! Sheesh.

    Thanks again for your support, it does mean a lot to have someone understand like that.

    (Your blog link to the right BTW)

    ReplyDelete