Thursday 16 December 2010

Bad news from the HIV centre today

My liver is fucking up.


They took a blood test yesterday there because of the vomiting. Doc wasn't happy at my GP's assessment that it was likely something I ate. So got most of the results back today from the test and my liver had very high readings. Am low on red blood cells. No wonder I've been feeling really fucked lately! The readings were a bit elevated 3 months ago but nothing much to be concerned about back then. 


Doc will ring me tomorrow with the last bit of the blood test results, those simply to rule out Hep C. They think it's likely the two white HIV pills, which for some people can affect the liver. If so I'll have to stop the white ones and have my medication reviewed. 


It's all a bit scary. 


However I do know there's a lot of these drugs to chose from, and the doctors involved with my care are very much aware of. I have full confidence in their abilities. These are only the first HIV pills I ever went on, the complication (if so) being to do with a side effect. They have been marvelous at clobbering the HIV.


At the moment I'm incredibly tired (oh happy days are here fuckin again) and my skin is a bit itchy now and then. Ate some plain boiled potatoes a short time ago and they seem to be fine in my stomach.

1 comment:

  1. Peter. Sorry to hear about the liver problems. Have your doctor check if the once a day pill Atripla is an option. The concert looked fun, glad you had a good time prior to the liver problems. Would have sucked if you had missed the concert. Thanks for the blog plug. Keep in touch my friend.

    ReplyDelete