Friday 3 December 2010

The plot thickens

Have had to have today off work as well, vomiting and diarrhea. Quite severe, couldn't even hold down water last night. Would have been something I ate. Even if it didn't make anyone else sick I'm much more susceptible. I suspect the work cafeteria stroganoff,  but I can't prove it of course. I also suspect that such severe diarrhea would add to back pain as well.


Am fasting today. Won't be hard as I'm almost too scared to eat anything anyway! This afternoon is the final appointment regarding the blood pressure pill trials that I have been taking part in; Co-Diovan, a drug that has been successful overseas but not widely known about here. So far it has been a resounding success for me, bringing my blood pressure to normal. Before that it was very high despite taking a combination of 2 other blood pressure pills. I was a rather hard case being as the both the happy pills and HIV meds can increase blood pressure. It will be a half hour appointment where blood is taken and I'm generally examined I suppose, followed by another appointment with my GP. All for free in return for my participation.


Things are seeming a bit brighter today than they have recently. Got up, opened the curtains and slid open the window. The morning sun streaming in, and a fresh sea breeze through the window. Am quite near the sea where I live, so always generally get that sea breeze. Little back pain, nausea gone, clear headed. 


Cripes, can't believe I've gone two days without a single beer. Maybe I should build on this, it'd help with money if nothing else to cut back further on the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment