Monday 13 December 2010

It's U2 day today! A day for my daughter and I

It's finally here, going to see them at ANZ stadium (originally the 2,000 Olympics). We're quite high up in the stands, so I dunno what the view will be like, but that's good enough for me. I paid $120 each all up for the 4 tickets, some of them were bloody $300. As Simon isn't going, being needed at his place last month or so, friend from the pub is coming. Along with daughter (AR) and one of her friends.


The last one, Vertigo, was after my wife/AR's mother died a few months earlier. AR is also a big fan of them, unlike a lot of her friends. It's as much about going with me as seeing the band she told me the other day. We had a great time then, but things got very bad between us for some years after that. I do hope this will be a landmark in our relationship getting better. 


She has seemed genuinely worried about me of late. When I ceremoniously announced to her that I was not going to the pub through the week, she said that was good as she'd been concerned about how much I was there. We went on to have a very good discussion about things, the conversation flowing freely. There seems to be a connection there now that wasn't before in the screaming arguments. And I've been very honest with her, she knows everything, about Simon (thinks he's nice) and the HIV. 


And honest about my mental state. She knew I was near suicide last year, when she found out was when she started trying to rebuild things. I've told her lately as well about how I'm feeling with Christmas and the new year season, that it's not a good time as I often relive the memories. She actually understands and realises now some of the extent of my pain, instead of being completely self centred on her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment