Tuesday 7 December 2010

DAWN

It was many years ago, before I met my wife and before a daughter. After a painful bust up with my ex, I took 2 weeks off work. Got in the car and started driving north up the coast, to anywhere. Slept in the car at beaches, the best ones being the deserted ones in the far north of NSW. On one occasion I was very calmed by the setting. The only car in the small grassed parking area, I woke in the morning and watched the sun come up over the Tasman Sea. No one else around for miles with the beach deserted.


Still and calm, just the noise of the waves. Cloudless sky. Walking over to the gap in the trees that leads to the beach, I take a photo of the sun as it rises over the sea. 






Slowly rising more, it sheds more light. The promise of a bright day Take another photo.






I felt so at peace, hope and excitement for the future.


It's been a long time since I've had a sunrise like that. Years. Today it happened. 


DAWN


I've been to hell and back. Years of it. Today the sun came up, for the first time in years. It's hard to describe the emotions. I feel like crying from the beauty of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment