Thursday 2 December 2010

HIV meds and my painkillers

Came home from work early. Was taking Panadeine Forte for the muscle pains in my back, and although the pain wasn't too bad I got quite dizzy and nauseas. Tried staying but just felt quite sick. 


Not my fault. The dept head had his two sons in to help out, but of course they are simply his school aged sons, the younger only 16. He got the job to place cardboard onto the back of large sheets of paper (in lots of 100) for me to later cut down on the guillotine to finish size as A4 pads. The guy didn't seem to give a fuck though and just chucked the stock all over the place, leaving me with the job of "knocking it up"/making it straight before cutting it. There was pallets of the stuff. Anyway it's strained my back in doing so, really bad muscle pains all over. So fuck the boss, he can wear the consequences. The job should have been done by a trained person with experience, not his fuckin 16 year old son FFS.


Went and told his underling in the area that I didn't feel well and had to go home. She and him both know I'm HIV+, and I asserted that the Panadeine Forte must be interacting with the "other" medication to affect me like that, and I didn't want to have to take more. Which I would have to continue working. No problems at all, other than I've run out of sick pay again and won't get paid for the last 4 hours today. But well that's just life isn't it (with HIV). I'd have liked to have been there though to see the dept head realise the implications of what he's done.


It didn't occur to me that the last time I was taking the Panadeine Forte in any quantity was earlier this year with my knee injury (work related as well) until I mentioned today about the interaction with the HIV meds. Last time I wasn't on HIV medication, and found it a much easier painkiller to deal with. This time it's really knocking me around. One litmus test would be that I've been feeling so bad I've pretty much stopped drinking beer! *gasp* Only one yesterday, and none today. Shock horror!


Seeing my GP tomorrow, may see if he can recommend an alternative painkiller for such circumstances, or maybe something for the nausea. The HIV pills are fine they don't make me feel sick at all on their own. At the moment though I hardly even feel like eating much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment