Sunday 17 September 2017

Another traumatised trip to Emergency


So yesterday the pain in my stomach came back and there was no choice but to ring another ambulance. Have never experienced such intense pain as that. Worse than broken ribs and worse than my back tooth needing a root canal. It was like being stabbed in the stomach every time I moved and breathing I had to do very shallow as taking in more air was agonising. Because of where the pain was in my stomach meant it was connected to my shoulder nerves, and it felt like someone was drilling into my shoulder as well. Ambulance had to take me in on the stretcher as I could barely walk.

Anyway after much prodding, blood and urine tests, a chest x-ray and the usual interrogation of my medical past, they tried some super duper anti-acid liquid. It numbed my throat on the way down I guess doing the same in my stomach and intestines. Doctors said it was Gastritis; an inflammation of the stomach lining'

So now I have yet another pill for that, that can be taken up to three times a day. Stomach down to the bottom of my tummy is still very sore and tender today, I'm exhausted and weak standing up can only stand for a minute or so and have to sit or lie down again. Makes even going to the toilet a challenge. Talk about a hellish time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment