Monday 27 August 2018

I finally got a new PC


It's taken a year, but I finally got a new PC. Had the other one for about 6 years. The letters were worn off on about a quarter of the keyboard, but I guess that helped my typing in the end. Also the letter K was on the blink and I had to edit stuff to put the K in where it hadn't. Even the space bar was going. Thing is though it was an HP and they seem to last forever. The one I had before that was also an HP and lasted 5 years before I got another one.

This one too is an HP. After two PC's lasting 11 years total, why should I get anything else? The old one is still going fine but very slow with a lot of things online. Online is much more demanding of PC's than it was 6 years ago. The old one will be retired to be plugged into the big telly in the lounge room for a media player, or to just go online on the big super duper screen with the mouse as the remote.

I used the tax return I got from my Super being taxed when I took money out under financial hardship provisions. As I had no other taxable income I got all the tax paid back. I went through Kogan online and it was delivered at the door 2 days later. You can read all about it here.

It's taken me three days to set the thing up the way I had the other one; installing my programs and hardware. Not to mention the torrent downloading ones. But I think I'm finally there now. Hopefully there'll be far less typos to correct now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment