Tuesday 14 August 2018

Pirate Peter! - cataract surgury finally done! :)


I've gone Pirate for a night folks. I finally got the cataract surgery today and they've plastered on this massive pirate eye thing until tomorrow. Tomorrow I go back again and they take it off and then it's full steam ahead with healing eye drops 4 times a day for a while to avoid infection.

I therefore dedicate this post to all Australians pirates; the most pirating country on earth per capita. We download movies and pay TV series like there's no tomorrow, sticking it to the likes of Murdoch and this electronically illiterate gov we have here. Akin to trying to stop the tide come in with a shovel, ha ha.

Fittingly I'm at my PC, where a lot of pirating goes on. Australians will be going into the future proud of our pirating heritage. Our rebellion to authorities who have the gall to think they can dictate to us what we watch in our own homes. Fuck those moronic Neanderthals with their cyber knuckles still dragging on the ground. Australian pirates have no fear! Good on Australia; we've always been a nation of rebellious criminals :) 

There was quite a bit involved in the cataract surgery actually. Had to undress down to my undies and put one of those stupid hospital gowns on that are backwards and show your ass. Then I was put in a full on hospital bed, and over about an hour given four eye drops in my left eye, three times, to dilate it or some crap. Then the wait for my turn to be wheeled away beyond the day surgery waiting area into theatre.

Soon it was off on the bed down the hallway, as I commented to the nurse pushing about the scenic ceiling views. I went into an anesthetic small room where I was sedated via drip and given a local in my head next to my eye. Then wheeled into the operating room.

Where they did the operation on my eye without me feeling a thing, However I was so sedated I fell asleep at one point with my head nodding off, right in the middle of them operating inside my eye. They protested immediately which woke me up, and I apologised it was just that I fell asleep. Hey, I didn't give myself some great big intravenous sedative that made me nod off!

The operation only lasted about 10 minutes, then it was to the recovery room. They gave me a sandwich and drink, and soon I was out of the bed, changed back into my clothes, and sitting in a recliner chair waiting for David. Who came shortly after, and shortly after that the stuff for my eyes from the pharmacy when the bandage comes off tomorrow. 

At which time we left. Me with a completely numb left face, and David making sure I didn't trip over anything on the way to the bus. I couldn't wear my glasses because of this great enormous bandage. 

The ride home on the bus was quite a laugh actually. There was a young girl across from me staring at me like kids do, which was fine as I just turned my head a bit to the right and couldn't see her at all. One guy next to us asked if we were brothers, which we said "no we're married", which he didn't seem to get. He did get "partners" though. Then an older lady next to us started talking about the operation I'd just had, which I piped up I'd been waiting for a year for it, which shocked her. I said about how Turnbull wants to give $80billion to corporate Australia whilst cutting money from hospitals. She replied back about #reefgate.

BTW for the Americans, this was all completely free through Medicare. Thank you Medicare.

No comments:

Post a Comment