Friday 1 August 2014

Post drama collapse

I think both of us are in some kind of shock. Neither can comprehend how in a country like Australia is supposed to be, that we got absolutely pushed through the wringer just trying to get help to survive. 

Indeed the rhetoric we face from some fellow Australians is repulsive. That we're bludgers. That we're not "helping ourselves". That we don't deserve it anyway and should just pull our socks up and get a fuckin job. Bla..... Yeah that shit hurts. Those asshole words from the Australia Post fuckwit last Friday are still ringing in my ears. I dunno how long it will be before I get past this latest life shit. All I know is we don't deserve to be treated like that. We're fuckin human beings on our ass. The last thing we needed was to be kicked when we're down, which we were. What happened to humanity in this country?

It wasn't just the red tape that hurt. It was the attitude of some people. Yes the Post Office guy bla.... But to have to prove your innocent when the paperwork and red tape requires it, shows nothing more than welfare recipients on the receiving end of demonisation rhetoric. Centrelink was fine, it was the 5 weeks of bullshit that led up to it that done the damage. I remember one particular person for example (who I won't hint at here) who he seemed to believe that all people who came in were guilty before innocent, and was oh so willing to point out doubts about eligibility and suggestions of more hoops to jump. 

This is from the system that's supposed to be there to help us. To be treated in such a way was abhorrent. Soul destroying. Honestly, I'm really hurting over this, so is David. We just don't deserve it. David has worked all his life, like I did until I got sick. We're both feeling abandoned after last week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment