Thursday 1 July 2010

First sickie in 2 weeks.

Sick today. Woke up early with a terrible headache, nearly a migraine, took pills for it then was so knocked out couldn't get up for work. Boss was understanding, even thanked me for my supreme effort last two weeks of actually getting to work! Thank fuck for that, the last thing I need is condemnation. Now though on the other hand, he seems overly concerned about me, may point out to not be quite so worried about me, I dunno.

Slept until midday, wow. My body must have got to a point where it just couldn't go any further.  Feel much better for the sleep. Just couldn't wake up.

Been very cold here in Sydney. Two days ago only 4 degrees Celsius in the east, minus 2 out western Sydney. Coldest morning here in 60 years or so. Saw a frost on the ground, never seen that in Sydney before. Very cold going to work at 6:30am. Been taking antihistamines to stop the itching I feel from the cold. I still think it's weird, being allergic to cold FFS!

Back to work in the morning. Whew, at least I know they aren't going to stress about today off. It seems my supreme efforts of late haven't gone un-noticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment