Saturday 17 July 2010

Much better today :)

Still feeling sort of strange, but nothing like before. I guess one of those drugs that has side effects when you first start. I had quite a bit last year when first starting the
Efexor, blurred vision, everything was really bright. I actually feel quite normal today. Very good. Quite pleased.

Notice it still made me very sleepy at the usual time in the morning after taking them. Fell back to sleep in bed for an hour. Perhaps that will pass too. Other than that, nothing to report about it; how boring!

In other stuff got a letter from the NSW police minister himself this week regarding the impending court case. Told me nothing new, but was interesting I thought that he'd given it that much of his attention.

I emailed him of the 6th Oct Hearing date if he was interested in following the case. Am also applying for my hospital records under the freedom of information act for that night in Feb. I haven't heard anything of what my blood alcohol reading was (they reckoned I was "drunk in a public place"; fuckin BS, strange how I was never charged with that). Also would be good to have their records confirm my account of what was given to me to take, and why I was released. 

Fuck knows how much this is all going to cost. I appear to be going into further debt again.

Went to the blood pressure tablet trials people during the week. Cripes, it was through the roof. I don't think I've ever had a reading that high! The averages were about the same as last time (they took 5 or 6 readings) but the first one they took was 165 over 116. EEECK! That's fuckin stroke material! Needless to say they've doubled the dose and I go back again in a month. This appears also to be one of those drugs where you can't just start on a high dose straight away, and before that I was on 2 different tablets for it, so it's probably to be expected a result like that at the moment. 

The drug is Co-Diovan. Relatively new here and not a lot of doctors know what levels to prescribe and for who, which is the reason for the trial. About 300 people on it at the moment they tell me. The results will be put online for doctors to educate themselves re the drug.

2 comments:

  1. phantomtexasrose17 July 2010 at 13:54

    Here's hoping the cops get slammed for what they did to you! I'm all for law and order, but they were way out of line! Good grief on the BP reading! When mine went up I didn't know what it was - was just getting terrible headaches - didn't know that was a symptom. My BP was 188 over something. My meds work great for me. Wish they had something as good for my breathing! Can't wait to hear how the cop thing turns out in court......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta wait until Oct darling. It seems the courts are bogged down with shit like this.

    And yeah, all for law and order, but FFS to end up with 2 broken ribs going home from work, just because I swore at the cops? Sheesh!

    The BP thing yes I've been having shortness of breath, bla bla. Don't worry darl they will sort it out :)

    ReplyDelete