Saturday 10 July 2010

Working on the weekend

The management only asked me as a last resort. They other bloke is still on holidays, and they even asked the temp agency bloke before me. I've been so unreliable they didn't want to ask me :) But anyway, there's a big job being done Sat, I have to go in Sunday morning for a few hours and cut it in half to letter size. There's 2 shifts coming in Sunday to run it through the mailing machines, so if I don't turn up my name will be mud! Think I'll pre-book a cab just to make sure. The buses are really fucked where I work on Sundays. 

Am so far in debt the money won't make a difference, just more about wanting to do the right thing by management. They have been very understanding of late especially. It's good pay as well, all double time at about $50 an hour, and even if I get done in only 3 hours or so they still have to pay me a minimum of 4 hours for turning up.
Taking it very easy today. Very quiet, a bit of shopping and a few quiet beers at the pub later on. Slept 12 hours last night, very solidly too. Will try an early night tonight as well.

Two appts coming this week. Mon I get the blood results for the latest HIV level of doomed-ness, and Tues another visit to see how the new blood pressure pill is working on me at the trials place.

The mood of the last few days has lifted a bit. Not much, just a bit. Better than nothing.

Update:

The alarm is set for the usual time of 6am. The taxi is booked for 6:45am. It is now about 7pm the night before and I have dinner nearly ready and the bath running. I have just taken some Panadol in case I get a bad pain in the night that wakes me up. Going to bed shortly after all that. The situation is looking good at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment