Saturday 19 April 2014

Capitalist failure gives rise to fascism - Europe

David told me about this thing from Australian Sixty Minutes about the rise of fascism now in Europe, in particular in Greece. He was seeing bits and pieces of it the other evening at work whilst he was attending patients on the ward. He's not into politics, so it was telling that he was shocked by this and came home and told me specifically about it. 

What disturbs me the very most about this, is how similar the Nazi guy's rhetoric about "illegal immigrants" is to here amongst the asylum seeker haters. The guy calls it an "invasion". I remember a few years back at the height of the Howard anti-immigrant racist propaganda, talking to a drinking buddy in a pub about this. Of course I was of the view that it's not illegal to seek asylum when fleeing for your lives, etc. He turned around and called it "an invasion".

I always thought Abbott got his revolting racist politics from Howards political manipulation of the Australian electorate. Perhaps it does. But I'm starting to wonder now just where else he may be getting his "illegal" asylum seeker rhetoric? Seriously, some of this sounds extremely close to the Lieberal bullshit we're being fed here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment