Thursday 22 May 2014

Psychologist appt

It was a most welcome appt with the psychologist this week. Since seeing him last much has happened. The most significant being another discrimination incident at David's work, and the effect that's had on both of us. We've both been stressed, particularly me because of the anxiety. Anxiety about the mental impact of another discrimination episode at his work. 

For whatever reason, they've not called him back to work after it and he's not worked for over three weeks now. He's gone ahead and made a complaint to the ACON legal team who lodged it straight away as there's a three week limit on making a complaint. I guess the legal team will take it from here. Meanwhile David is stuck in limbo, not terminated by the employer, and can therefore get not a cent from Centrelink. So looks like he's looking for another job. In the meantime my pension isn't enough to support him in any way through this period and the cost of that will have to be born by the credit card.

Needless to say I went into a few days of extreme anxiety about it, particularly with smokin sloppy Joe pronouncing from on high that apparently I was supposed to do some "heavy lifting" for Australia :s  WTF? I was anxious about not being able to pay the rent, the credit card going out of control, even going to see the doctor and it costing me more money. 

Perhaps it did me good to get this all off my chest at the psychologists. Today I am feeling a lot less anxious thankfully. Calmness has settled in a bit, for now at least. Whatever happens we've got each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment