Saturday 24 May 2014

QLD Lieberal jumps ship

Queensland state member of parliament for Stafford, Dr Chris Davis a member of the QLD Lieberal National Party, has resigned the Campbell Newman gov. He cites the gov's policies as the reason why. It should be noted that Newman's state QLD policies are very similar to Abbott's:
It is with sadness that I have advised the Speaker of my resignation as the state member for Stafford. 

The passage of recent government legislation affecting critical aspects of our democracy goes contrary to my value system and that of the majority of my electorate. I would never have stood for Parliament on such a platform, nor do I believe I would have been elected. My most recent speech to Parliament offers additional insights. 

My sacking has been a catalyst. It is sadly no longer possible for me to effectively represent my electorate in such an environment, despite my best endeavours. 

 I thank the people of Stafford for the opportunity to have served them. It has been an honour and a privilege, and I look forward to ongoing engagement with such a wonderful community. I also thank everyone who has helped and guided me on this journey, particularly my family and my electorate team. link  

No comments:

Post a Comment