Friday 30 May 2014

Save Medicare rally - 300% increase in my costs

There's a rally on tomorrow for the likes of me to vent my rage at what Abbott is trying to do with Medicare. 

Here's the facebook page

Sydney is 1pm at Town Hall. 

Sounds like the organisers want a peaceful family friendly protest. Which is good. The Murdoch media just loves to pick out an isolated bad event and plaster the whole protest with it.

The more I find out about it the more I throw my hands in the air over it. If you're worried about the $7 doctor tax, that's just the start. The $7 to pay for a blood test which I'd have to pay every time I get my bloods done is another one. Then there's another $5 on top of what pensioners normally pay for a prescription, going from the current $6 a script to $11. This may sound like chicken feed to many people, but as I've said I have only $250 a week for everything. Why are they making pensioners pay the same increase as working people?

So the updated typical cost of seeing the doctor if all this gets through the senate, on a typical sort of visit. $7 to see him and $7 for a blood test. Then there's $22 for a couple of prescriptions. In short what now costs me only $12 (two scripts, no Medicare fees) will cost me $36.

That's a 300% increase for me to pay. Just impossible. I'm a fuckin pensioner FFS. Don't kick me when I'm on my ass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment