Sunday 18 May 2014

Anxiety raises it's head

The anxiety started in the night during a period of sleeplessness. Started freaking about money and that. David's not worked in three weeks over a flare up with the person who discriminated against him. I'm like don't look at me for money as I'm in the shit already. He's seeing counseling over it and possibly the lawyers at ACON. Problem is his work has left him in limbo; he can't get anything from Centrelink if needed as they haven't terminated him. 

Plus there's been this bullshit about the budget. I simply can't afford to pay $7 to see the doctor and blood tests. Whoever thought up the policy had no idea of my circumstances. What am I going to do if this gets through the senate?

And therein lies the anxiety. "What if....." Thing is, if anything it'll be a miracle if it does. The whole senate is opposed to it. And David may well sort out his money. I have to remind myself that my head isn't a future predictor and to not react to it's future proclamations. 

The anxiety itself is crippling. I don't feel like going out the front door. Fear grips me. Such anxiety is extremely unpleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment