Wednesday 21 April 2010

Acceptance

It's getting easier. Easier to live with who I am now. 

Although I am a bit disappointed about the latest development. It appears I may actually be going sane again! I suppose that means I may soon no longer be able to identify myself as nuts any more. Being nuts does have it's advantages as you can get away with a lot more. Less responsibility to behave normally, whatever that is. Although it is a an overall very unpleasant experience I guess. It just isn't nice trying to get through life with a damaged head.

But I accepted it. Came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything immediate that could be done about it and I'd just have to live with it. I was who I was now. So what, I was slightly loopy, at least I was able to see the funny side of it. It'd be a boring life if we were all normal. Automatons going through life in a bleak state of boringness. Given what I'd been through it was probably lucky I had much of a head left at all.

And being HIV+. It is now part of who I am. It's much easier now to tell people my status if I feel they should know. It's just me, that's all. I have an illness. So what? That's life. Life with HIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment