Sunday 25 April 2010

"Life is Good"

It just came out in a text message reply. "Life is good". As soon as I wrote it I did a double take. "WTF?" I thought.

I mean life for me has been for many years full of shit. I guess the shit factor has dissipated somewhat of late.....very of late. Am about to embark on a court case with the police, have someone I love living about a bloody 1,000 k's from me, in debt up to my eyeballs, have mild Post Traumatic Stress from my life up to this point, and on and on.

Yet I came out with "Life is Good". And I meant it when I texted it too. WTF?

Seems I've always been rather resilient. Perhaps the fact of me falling completely to bits last year is more a measure of the intensity of the life problems I was facing, than my innate ability to deal with those problems.

Certainly I feel no guilt at my collapse. Was simply overwhelmed. Unable to deal with it all.

So glad society here gave my head a break. So glad work has stuck by me through all of this (been there for over 10 years now) and those involved cared about me as a person and not just a cog in the machine. They didn't have to do that, likely would have got away with firing me with Human Resources dept. But they stuck by me and today I still have a fuckin job.

So glad there were people around who cared, and were able to get into my head to help.

Life is short. We're all going to face sickness and death at some point. No one is immune from that. Rich or poor, we're all going to die. It is the great leveller. This physical word of possessions means nothing then.

Success doesn't lie in what you've bought for yourself in this life. It lies instead in the human relationships you make along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment