Sunday 18 April 2010

Pills, fatigue, and immunity.

Quiet Sunday. Busy day tomorrow. Have the monthly appointment with psychologist, and will likely go to the monthly support group for the HIV newly doomed shortly after that. Was taking a break from it as felt it was restricting me in going forward; sort of like living permanently in mental cotton wool. But by chance it's on the same day as psychologist and nearby this time, so don't see why not. At the Positive Living Centre, very good people there (link at right).

Will be a very long day though, starting at 6am getting up for work, and ending there at 9pm. A bit worried about coping with it all at the moment as the fatigue has been so bad of late. Think a lot of it's been to do with the extra pills I've had to take recently; strong painkillers, anti-inflammatorys, and just lately anti-biotics for my mouth. Very sore and red, ulcers, one of them been there for 3 weeks. With having to heal broken bones and all, I'm assuming my immune system is having trouble with keeping up with normal things like mouth germs. And I guess not being tired. The pills themselves though can have quite an effect of drowsiness.

Speaking of, I'm up to ten pills a day right now. Fuckin hell! And I'm not even taking anti HIV meds yet! And that doesn't include painkillers! So some days I've be up to 15 or so! Take 7 in the morning, a couple of times have looked at one or two and not remembered if I'd taken them or not. I do need to be careful. The happy pills would have a very extreme effect if I doubled up on those, the dose being so high. Even now every morning I feel sort of stoned from them between about 8:30 and 11am.

Speaking of the broken bones and the police assault, the police have decided in all their wisdom that instead of having an internal enquiry (as directed by the Ombudsman's office) they will leave the accusations of assault to be dealt with in court; they claim they have the option to do this as I was charged with offensive language and resisting arrest. Unbelievable! No wonder they charged me! They're trying to absolve themselves of all responsibility by doing so! No worries though, my very good solicitor is champing at the bit to have a go at that police bitch. He'll fuckin hang her. IMO this will be worse for them.

I have still been calm last days. Have gone from being obsessed with the assault to not letting it bother me, whatever happens happens. This is of course because of the recent the visitor..... Human interaction is a wonderful thing, especially when it involves what that did.

No comments:

Post a Comment