Monday 19 April 2010

The most wonderful evening!

The day started horribly. Well if you have HIV it did.

Monday crisis at work. Get up at 6am, start at 7:30am, find myself trying to cope with drama beyond even my ability as a drama queen to deal with by 8am. Job fucked up in Print; numbers overprinted on cheques some bizarre thing been done to them by Printer guy who numbered them, leaving us in Print Finishing all in a dithering mess trying to work out "WTF?" Customer rep having a crisis in the midst of it all on the shop floor. Paper really heavy, much work at the best of times, but having to go faster in said crisis. Knee and ribs hurting by lunchtime from it all. Tired as fuck, defeated pretty much. Considered cancelling all after work stuff and just going home to bed at that stage. Sore and tired.

Managed to get to psychologist for monthly appointment after work. A really big effort. Had a couple of beers on the way which helped perk me up a bit, along with painkillers. The meeting was extremely positive. This is the guy who was instrumental in saving my life last year, who was there for me when few other professionals were, and has seen the depths I was in then. End of session he said I was "doing really well". That meant a lot coming from him.

Encouraged I went to the group after nearby at the Positive Living Centre. It was so very very good to see the two there in charge. They both gave me a hug saying hello. I took part in the group for half of it but went home; being concerned about my fatigue next day. Felt so much at home there. The group was a good number with much conversation. We all find relevance in the conversations in such a setting.

Feeling very encouraged tonight. If for no other reason that I made it to both meetings. But more so that I seem to be winning. Well you have to win at something don't you HIV+? Um, just winning at finding value in life, and enjoying quite a bit of life.

No matter what this disease does to me, no matter how much it may hurt me (if at all) in the future, I'm glad that at least by getting it I've found help and very very good friends. It has made life so very livabe, when it perhaps could have been simply torment.

No comments:

Post a Comment