Monday 2 August 2010

A bit emotional

Sick today. Got the runs, ack. Was up all bloody night with it. Only an hours sleep if that. Couldn't go to work. Will get doc cert later on today, not that it matters much as I've run out of sick pay again. I guess at least it'll prove that I am actually sick for the office bean counters and the factory manager. Could take it as a day of annual leave as I've actually built up nearly 3 of them, but I reckon it'd look better if I was trying to get something behind me rather than continually using it. So looks like a day without pay again, oh fuckin joy! Getting money back in the tax return so not to worry.

The professional involved who so disappointed me yesterday apologised via email; it had turned into an email thing. The idiot wanted me to go to Alcoholics Anonymous, or the Langton Clinic (that one has a huge reputation all over Sydney as where druggies go for rehab) because of the 5 or so beers I have chatting at the pub on the way home from work usually. FFS!  Give me a fuckin break! Needless to say I basically told him to fuck off, although it took me a few hours before I'd calmed down enough to send an email without swearing in it.

The most disappointing thing about it was that this was supposed to be, I was told, someone extremely wonderful at what they do. They are in the thick of it, deep in the support structure of HIV+ people. This is someone who I fully expected to understand, and I'd sent quite a long email explaining some of my situation in regards to the new HIV pills. And WTF do they do? Start preaching at me about a few measly beers after fuckin work FFS. All the other doctors, support people, are all fine with it, doc even told me I can drink on the new pills. Then I cop an email bashing about the horrors of drink, with listings of services to go to, to try to stop.

A few drinks help, and those who know and understand me know that.

Helped my daughter move some of her big stuff yesterday. Is a good move for her as she's finally out in private rental accommodation (sharing house) all on her own. Working very near here full time in a child care trainee-ship.  No more relying on subsidised rent from the gov or handouts from Centrelink. Not bad for a 19 year old being completely independent like that.

The room she moved to though was too small for some of her stuff as it was already furnished, so I've let her store the large set of drawers and her double bed here. The set of drawers I bought for he mother years ago, so quite a few memories attached to it. Even down to a circular stain on the top where some perfume spilled on the varnish. Just took a deep breath.....

No comments:

Post a Comment