Sunday 8 August 2010

Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy. One of the very worst characteristics of the human condition. I met it today in the strangest of places; a sex club.

There I was, snubbed and looked down on by a person who is integrally involved in the support given to HIV+ men, when I saw him there as I was on the way out. He snubbed me, his head in the air (a picture easy to imagine). What was surprising though is that he was at the exact same venue as me.

I think I may re-think getting "support" from the place involved where he most is. I will not put up with moralising by a hypocrite. That look said it all. He can fuck off, I don't need that shit, especially from someone who is not supposed to be judgmental.

It is the worst thing, those preaching this or that, to be involved with this or that themselves.

Not long before that I overheard part of a conversation going on there, in which someone said "Does he use a condom?", and asked the question about the possibility I may be positive. The answer was "probably, if you asked him". I now assume that this was said person described above saying this. In which case, to do that to anyone involved in the so called "support" offered where he is, is against everything they preach there. You do not reveal someone's status to others without permission. Not even hint at it. That's up to me, not some fuckin jerk who thinks he's holier than thou.

And yes those that I was involved in knew my status, I told them. Given the activity involved in the encounters (a safe one pretty much) nobody cared anyway. Those that went further used a condom.

I am at the moment very fuckin pissed off. I have sent a delicately worded email to above person hinting at his judgmentalness, and the other possibility. My view of the specific place he is involved with has taken a big dive. Doubt will be having anything to do with it at all in future. They can get fucked (which is exactly why said person was there, being a "bottom").




2 comments:

  1. phantomtexasrose9 August 2010 at 14:32

    I agree! Totally uncool, unprofessional, unethical, etc., etc. If that is what they call "support" they need to check the definition in the dictionary! Sounds like you are otherwise feeling pretty good and much stronger these days. I certainly hope so. Glad to hear you fighting again! Look for another group - there is bound to be one that would be truly supportive - and don't hesitate to spread the word about this one that is not. They should be put out of business. Mucho hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, still angry. I have met other people at such places in the past and it's been a smiling laugh sort of thing saying hello. To be snubbed like that was so so wrong.

    Think I'm a lot more resilient anyway than I was. I did get help from that place, but that particular guy there always didn't quite get on with him. Couldn't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete