Sunday 15 August 2010

The cat wants my pills!

Good grief, I dunno why but the cat is very interested in my HIV pills. When I put them out on the bed this morning just before swallowing them, it comes over and sniffs them intensely. WTF? Is it simply cat curiosity? Or is there something in them that attracts cats? Eeeck, am I going to start going catty? That could be a possibility being the drama queen that I can at times be.

In any case, I better take extra care in case the cat licks the bloody things. They're much to big for it to swallow, but I suppose it might think they were a cat biscuit and chomp them up. Fuck knows what they would do to it. Dread to think what a spaced out cat would be like. Probably meow all night and keep me awake. Or maybe just lie there in a catatonic state, oblivious to it's surroundings as the day went by in a blur.

They're a bit hard to swallow in the morning, throat a bit dry I guess. The lovely blue coloured one is coated so is easy, but the two white ones aren't. Dunno why. Maybe something to do with absorption? It seems strange to me that a months supply of pills that cost the gov around $1,000, that the manufacturers would be too fuckin cheap to coat the things. 

2 comments:

  1. phantomtexasrose15 August 2010 at 14:27

    It's getting close to Monday. Can't wait to hear the results of your tests. Since you are feeling so much better I have high hopes that these are working. I don't imagine they would be too good for the cat however! I'll be watching to see what they tell you about the tests. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suppose there's no need for nervousness, is only the first pills have tried. Despite what they say though people still do die from HIV. Particularly remember hearing about a person who was right on the verge of death before they finally found the right combination therapy for them. Ack, wouldn't be wanting to go through that shit.

    ReplyDelete