Tuesday 17 August 2010

Only love... leaves such a mark.....

"Only love, only love can leave such a mark,
Only love, only love can heal such a scar"


Was on the earplugs today. Haven't listened to their latest album for a while. 

Made me think, so glad I've known love. So glad. Even after all the pain of loss, all the hurt, I'm still so glad. Some go through their whole lives and don't experience it. What I've had is the deepest there is, my wife and I together to the very end as she shared her last gift with me; her death. It was an experience of love deeper than any. 

When I was cleaning out the bedroom later, I found in her bedside drawer a tiny little hardcovered book, called "Love Letters". It was well made (I'm in the printing industry). I opened it, and it fell open to where the bookmark was. The book mark had been there so long that it had stained the page:

Today it's with her box of stuff. Memories that often are too hard to remember.

But we loved each other, more than anyone could know. We were one soul. I walked with her to her grave and when we parted we both left some of each other behind.

The last week in the nursing home, I will always remember the last hug that she was able, the last kiss, and the last goodbye as she left this world unconscious. I know I will never die alone, no mater what happens from now, as she will be there on the other side waiting for me. I know that, I just do. Such was our love for each other.

Yes, I have kno0wn love, and only that could leave such a mark. Yes, the pain, the hurt, the missing her, but yes I would rather have that than have not known her at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment