Saturday 4 September 2010

HIV medicines can increase other drugs effects!

Well I sort of suspected this the other day when I got so stoned off a bit of marijuana that I just had to go to bed and space out there for a while. And I have noticed that although the doc says I can drink on the meds I'm taking, alcohol isn't nearly as inviting and has an increased effect anyway. I guess that's good as I'm drinking less?


Got a smoke for the weekend. So looked it up. It all appears to be safe :)



Marijuana

Protease inhibitors may increase THC levels (the active ingredient in marijuana) -- so smaller doses may make you more stoned. This is also true of the synthetic version (Marinol) used in the treatment of weight loss. Since THC overdose is impossible, this interaction is not dangerous.
link

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I haven't had any pot in over 10 years. Lord how I miss it, but it had started making my heart do funny things I didn't like.

    I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? .............. um................

    *stars*

    ReplyDelete