Saturday 4 September 2010

U2, almost exactly 4 years later

I bought the max 4 tickets this time. Was so dumbfounded at being able to purchase ones in advance through being a subscriber to their fansite, I must have gone into a fit of buying hysteria. Have decided to take S, who seems to have been existing on another planet somewhere as he knows hardly anything at all about U2 (*faints*). Is into opera and such like (*vomits*). I don't think he has any idea what he's in for. Also taking daughter, as did last time, and she's taking a friend who's younger than her who I suppose she's converting into a fan.


Last time was the Vertigo tour. It was at the same place, the stadium built for the 2,000 Olympics here. Daughter took some pics with her phone before and during the show:










Not very good but gives an idea where we we sitting and that. She really enjoyed it. Am feeling sort of in 2 minds with her going again, as it was two weeks after that that she ripped my heart out. I know at the age she was they are self centred and don't think of others so much, but what she did hurt more than my wife dying 9 months earlier.

In any case, perhaps this will be a milestone of sorts for that. Time to finally put those memories behind and move forward. The latest concert looks mind boggling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you and AR will have a great time! Do S a favor and bring him some ear-plugs in case the music is too loud for him. In S's defense, I like all kinds of music - including opera!

    Hope all have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earplug idea sounds like a wonderful idea. I do think though he will get into the music. He likes opera though, if you could call that "music". I told him U2 was like a modern opera :)

    ReplyDelete