Tuesday 14 September 2010

I got the U2 tickets in the mail!

It is a momentous day!



Apart from all the hype that is U2 anyway, it has been a very very long road for me since last time seeing them. And the songs they've written during that time have been like they're reading my fuckin mind, or know my struggles somehow. They're all my age about, so I guess with general life we may be going through the same things anyway if we have similar priorities? 

Priorities like LOVE being the most important thing. Love for fellow man, but in the case of this last album I think Bono talks deeply about love that many won't understand the lyrics. He speaks to those who are experiencing what he is. Those of us who are know:

I've been in every black hole
At the altar of the dark star
My body's now a begging bowl
That's begging to get back, begging to get back
To my heart
To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my unconsciousness
To the rhythm that yearns
To be released from control


Much of their music has helped enormously in years past. It is a great pleasure to have the same experienced as someone in life as him; who has had the fortunate life to express it in song across the world. I never ever thought I'd be in this position ever again. 

Thank you S, it's the love I feel for you... And thank you Bono for expressing it so much better than I ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment