Tuesday 15 January 2013

Cat rescue injury

Had some beers with David at the pub after his work yesterday and went around for a little bit to his place after. Soon, one of his cats was on the roof and meowing to be saved. Here is the picture again of his back yard. 


The cat was on the roof just above where the hot water cylinder is. So David goes to the upstairs window calling it. I get a head rush of bravery and use two milk crates to climb up onto the hot water cylinder and also call the cat. Tim the flatmate was on the ground also calling the cat. Must have looked pretty funny to an observer. She come over and I get her and hand her to Tim below. I then decide to simply jump down to the two milk crates stacked near. 

Unfortunately I misjudged somehow (I'm bloody hopeless at sport) and the top milk crate went flying and I landed sort of on the bottom one. Being as I was a bit pissed ("drunk" for the Americans) I assumed I'd be fine. After all, the milk crate had broken my fall.

However my wrist has gotten really fuckin sore overnight. A bit of swelling too. Is a bit slow typing at the moment. But then again, keeping the thing moving is probably a good thing. Was throbbing this morning when I woke up. Weird, seemed OK last night, just a bit sore. I reckon it's probably sprained a bit. I hope the cat appreciates my efforts!

Man that place should be condemned. So far I've fallen down the stairs, through the top of the photocopier, and off the hot water cylinder! Is the fuckin place haunted by a ghost that doesn't like me or some shit? They do say though that things happen in threes. Maybe I can relax now there?

No comments:

Post a Comment