Monday 14 January 2013

Muscle spasms

If you've ever had a muscle go into spasms you'll know just how much it can hurt. What happens is the muscle tightens up so much that it spasms.

It started the other day for me this time. With my back and 30 years of hard labour in the printing industry darlings, the muscles in it are very prone to tighten even though I've not worked since June. This last month I've had a lot of problems with indigestion and nausea with starting back on the HIV pills, and on occasion have had a very bad reaction to foods that would otherwise be OK for me.

This occasion was some very hot pepperoni on a healthy authentic pizza. Although I'm a Kiwi I've gotten used to spicy foods that are around Sydney, so hot pepperoni isn't usually a problem. This time however my stomach went into mutiny and it felt like I had a brick in it. It was so painful. In the end I eventually done this massive spew that just never seemed to stop. But the damage had been done and the severe pain in my stomach had affected my back too, as the back muscles tighten up to protect the stomach I guess. 

That was when this pain started, and it hasn't let up since then. In fact it got worse the other night when I turned over in bed. It's the muscle on the left side of my back where my stomach is - about the middle of my back. It's sooooo fuckin sore man. Almost feels like a cracked rib if I didn't know better (I've had broken ribs before). Often it hurts to breath too deeply. If I sneeze it sends shooting pain down that muscle. Turning in bed or getting up can be agony.

Seeing the doctor this afternoon about the HIV blood results. I will suggest he make use of whatever magic cure he may have for my fucked up back pain.

I do know quite a bit about back pain, as my wife had many years of it after falling of a motorbike. Five laminectomys in fact on her lower spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment