Wednesday 13 March 2013

Blood pressure gone bananas

Went to the doctors yesterday for the next blood test to see how it's all going with the HIV pills. One of the things was measuring blood pressure. I'm told HIV pills can affect that, which in my case looks like it is.

I have a history of high blood pressure anyway, so I'm used to getting readings a bit on the high side. Generally I'm not concerned, but it hasn't been this high for some time. Was 155 over 105. Not good, especially with my kidneys not firing on all cylinders. So he's doubled one of the blood pressure pills (Coversyl) and we'll see what the story is with that dose. Problem with my blood pressure is that once it gets high like that it goes all stubborn and won't come down, but we'll see.

Got blood taken for the HIV results, and this season's flu injection. I used to get that done at work for free, but it's free anyway at the doctors being as I'm on the DSP now. Go back in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment