Thursday 28 March 2013

$250k a year and still "struggling"

First, there was this excellent little GetUp video. It shows how the superannuation laws in this country are massively skewed towards the rich.


 
Well that's pretty fucked up! No-brainer there. You can sign the GetUp petition about it here if you so desire.

Not that I'm working anymore. But again, a case of massive amounts of money going to the rich whilst I'm getting a pittance (my pension doesn't go up to the full rate until June forcing me to live off my redundancy payout). 

So imagine my surprise when I read this:
''In Sydney's west you can be on a quarter of a million dollars family income a year and you're still struggling,'' Mr Fitzgibbon said. Read more
Oh FFS. I don't pretend to know the intricacies of family budgets in Sydney's western suburbs, but if they're earning $250k a year and still struggling then there's something seriously wrong with their budgeting capabilities. With all that money why don't they go to a financial counsellor and get their shit sorted out?

Is it my fault that they've gotten in way over their head, building a McMansion that takes up the whole block of land, has a mortgage in the stratosphere, and costs $1,000 a quarter just to keep the place air conditioned? Or that they're driving around in some new car that they can't afford? Or they have a TV the size of a wall that sucks even more electricity? Why should the rest of us pay for their incompetence and extravagance? 

Struggling on $250k? Fuck they must be throwing it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment