Tuesday 3 January 2012

End of the time off

I'm back at work tomorrow. Can't say I'm thrilled to bits about it. Most probably though I'll be fine once I get there. The hardest thing these days with work is getting up at 6am in the morning to get there. Will have to set the alarm I think, as the alarm cat has gotten used to me sleeping much later. 

The odd person is saying that maybe I should go back to full time as I seem to be a lot better now health wise. I dunno though. It was as much about me hating the factory manager and what he's done to the place, as it was about my health. Some of all that time off last year I'd have to admit was simply because I didn't like the idea of going to work at a place with less and less staff, and more and more pressure. And for what? So the shareholders could line their pockets?  

I just don't want to work there at all. At least though I can keep it down to only 3 days. That's enough of an effort to make for assholes. I'll be 50 this year too (OMG I don't believe I will actually make it!) and that's really starting to get up there for the sort of work I'm doing, even if I didn't have HIV.

Rang this morning and got an appt with the $guru next Tuesday as requested. I've had another hiccup though; I need to print out my latest bank stuff of what I owe, but the printer has for some reason beyond my comprehension, shit itself, and won't print a thing. Tried everything that I can figure, the only thing left would be a complete un-installation and reinstalling it from scratch. Ugh, I dread to think... looks like I'll have to give it a go though. Or maybe I could look online to see if I can update the drivers...... hmmmmm..... the plot thickens. Or maybe I'll just go to an internet cafe and do it, I only need three pages done, can't cost much.

This afternoon I have an appt with the HIV doctors at the hospital. Fuck that came around quick! I'm so sick of going to bloody clinic appts. Had my fair share of them last year. I suppose they're just doing their job. Will try and make it quick this time, usually lasts about 20 minutes to half an hour in with the doctor, and then to the blood taking place downstairs to have about a bazillion vials filled as they test for every disease known to man, or some shit like that. I'm just over it. My CD4 count has been wonderful, maybe I can ask them to have longer between appts. Although I do find it very convenient to be checked for STD's regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment