Sunday 29 January 2012

"I Love It", Hilltop Hoods

Had a very quiet night last night. Stayed home and made a meal. Went next door to the petrol station to get some stuff and was a rather nice rainbow happening. Got the camera from inside the house to take it, didn't know if it was going to look any good but was pleased with the results this morning when I plugged the memory card into the PC. 


We don't get a lot of rainbows here, not like New Zealand. It's quite unusual. People on the footpath were looking up at it like "wow man". We've had a lot of rain the last week or so. In fact up north they're getting flooding rains. Simon's place in the country is soaked, and there's flooding on the road between his place and town. He's due here tomorrow night, hope they don't get cut off again up there. It's a bus trip first before the train, so if the roads are flooded he'll be stuck again. In bad flooding they can be cut off for weeks in Lightning Ridge.

Am feeling so peaceful today for some reason. It has been bad the last few weeks with what's been going on in regards having to go to court to get an AVO. The whole situation has been very stressful, particularly because of the way I was getting treated by those two so called friends I excommunicated last week. I guess you find out who your real friends are when the chips are down. It appears I certainly wasn't considered very important at all to them. But it was more than that really, even if I was just an acquaintance that they barely knew, it'd still have been wrong of them to treat me how they did. That made what they did even worse. Sometimes you just don't realise how much stress you're dealing with until it's over. Like I said, I feel very peaceful today; a contrast on the last weeks. 

After reading Dave's blog yesterday, I followed his link to Rob's blog. First time I've seen it. Wow, he takes 29 pills a day. Has had HIV since the '80's, I guess there must have been a lot of damage done before these current drugs helped him. I've heard that the breakthroughs with anti-retrovirals didn't happen until the mid '90's. Makes me consider I better be vigilant with getting tested regularly for CD4 count and all, to make sure I get back on HIV medication at the best time. Currently I'm not so worried with a CD4 count of over 700, but there's one thing I've learned about HIV is that you can never take things for granted. Like a year ago when everything was going along marvelously, then in the space of a couple of weeks I was nearly dead. Treatment has come a long way yes, but then HIV will pull a rabbit out of it's hat. It'll show you the rabbit, shove it in your face, and torment you about your lack of vigilance; "Ah, so you thought you had beaten me eh? Not so easy as that!"

Watched a bit of telly last night before bed. Stumbled across this new song as I was wandering around the channels bored shitless. I'm not usually into Hip Hop, but this song sounds bloody great. They're an Australian band - Hilltop Hoods. Excellent video, I am really impressed with it:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment