Wednesday 11 January 2012

Simon is coming soon

Simon rang last night from Lightning Ridge and was asking if it was OK to come and stay for a bit. He seemed a bit worried that I didn't want him here after the disagreement we had of recent times. I'm pretty much over that though, and he's keen to come. Told him he was welcome to come anytime. I'm hopeless at making plans, as he knows. 

He's talking about maybe in a couple of weeks. Is fine with me, think I'm very much looking forward to seeing him this time. Last time was a bit awkward but this time seems better. He has a friend staying at his place from Brisbane who's happy to look after the house and dog for him, so it will just be him. He'll get the bus and train to Sydney as it's much cheaper than driving.

It'll be good to have someone with me at night in bed again for a while. He didn't say how long he wanted to stay exactly, but I don't mind if he stays a few weeks. The poor dear gets very lonely out there in Lightning Ridge when he's on his own. I dunno how he can live out in the middle of nowhere like that. Last time I was there I really noticed how at night the nearest person is some way off. It seemed very quiet and a long long way from civilisation. A bit scary for me after living in eastern Sydney for so long. 

We always get on well when we're together, and the conversation always flows freely. It was the first major disagreement we had about anything the other month. It is very hard I guess to maintain any sort of relationship being about 1,000km's apart, let alone with me being nuts! It's important for him to have his own life and for me to realise that he will at times get sick of worrying about my train wreck of a life. We certainly agree on that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment