Tuesday 14 July 2015

David and my late wife - same love

Had trouble going to sleep last night, just lying there and the court case with psycho nephew going through my head over and over. I was considering the immensity of what had happened in the bashing.

I felt that my brother and nephew didn't understand David and I's love. Even to the point that my brother said that night in a phone call after the event that David "deserved it". Seriously. Because they had a disagreement for whatever reason then he deserved the bashing and stomping.

I loved my wife dearly. I stayed with her to the end through thick and thin, good and bad, and it got very very bad in those years near the end. In the end none of that mattered, that we were still together through it all and we loved each other even more for that was all that did. Walked with her to her grave. Some have called that sort of love almost "sacred".

I love David in the same way. I feel just as strongly for him. I'd do the same for him that I did for my wife. Stay through thick and thin, good and bad. I'd walk with him to his grave if that was how things unfolded. It's the same love. The same sacredness

So to me on that day with David being bashed in the hallway, falling down the wall leaving a trail of blood on it, Onto the floor the blood pooling on the carpet. Psycho nephew stomping on his head in those seconds he was unconscious. To me it was no different than had it have been my late wife lying there.

No different than had psycho nephew bashed her, watched her fall down the wall leaving a trail of blood. Onto the floor with the blood pooling on the carpet. Him stomping on her head in the seconds she lay there unconscious. No difference. The same love.

They just don't get it. They can't see my love for David as being as real as the love I had for my wife. They try to mitigate the crime, use a lawyer to do so. To me that's like they're trying to diminish David and I's love; to make it less than it is.

I don't want it reduced. I want them to know how much love we have for each other. I want them to know how it felt for me to see that happen to him. The pain we felt for each other.
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment