Thursday 30 July 2015

Marriage equality rally Adelaide - video

From the National Press Club address yesterday, this is the sort of shit we're up against by the Canberra unrepresentative swill. Yesterday in Corgi Cori Bernadi's introductory remarks he stated this as fact:
"I believe and I think it's crystal clear, this campaign is not about equality, but it's about personal desire and self-interest of a vocal minority. [Marriage equality] deliberately destroys children's links to their biological parents" – Senator Cory Bernardi, addressing the National Press Club, 29 July 2015
How completely out of touch with reality can you get? It's barely worth a comment it's so far out there, past Pluto somewhere. 

All I can say is that I loved my late wife of 17 years dearly, so much so as to stick with her through thick and thin until her end. I love David the same way, maybe even more so. It's the same love. The only difference is that he's a man not a woman. 

David and I would like to express that love by having it officially recognised in the sphere of marriage (being as marriage has evolved into being about love not property now you know). Bernadi calls that "personal desire"? "Self interest"? And we're too "vocal" about it? Because minorities are insignificant and to be ignored? 

Seriously, where the fuck do you start with that shit? Fucked if I'm going to bother traveling beyond Pluto to find out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment