Friday 31 July 2015

Been crying all day - daughter strikes again

She's really hurt me this time.

So anyway, in a bit of an email conversation she thanked me for being understanding about her conversion to Muslim. To me it was "meh", no biggie. I've always been that way. 

Then there was a bit of a thing about bla, and then there it was. In brackets, like an afterthought or an aside; "(_____ and I are getting married this year)".

I email back "So when's the wedding then?".

Nothing. Silence for two days.

And it came home to me last night. She hadn't even invited me. Her own father. Indeed it appears she just doesn't want me there.

I sent off a long heartfelt email and ever since have been just crying and crying. Been in bed all day devastated. David is rope-able. Told her in the email please don't contact me for at least a while, and that I can't go on being hurt like this by her.

Seeing the psychologist Tuesday. Have had to cancel two appts so far this month as I've been so sick with the yellow slime, but now with the antibiotics I'll probably be able to get there. I have the bankruptcy to discuss, the nightmares of my brother over David's bashing (had another one last night), and now this.

Typical. Being religious doesn't mean you're moral. Morality is about how you treat people, not about how many religious rules you follow. I'd put secular morality up against religious "morality" any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment