Saturday 25 July 2015

Super duper nose dryer-uperer needed - a very bad night

OMG last night was just ridiculous. I started coughing and nose blowing at a rate of knots, about every 5 minutes at one stage. Nothing like a pissy little handkerchief either. It was into a clean towel. Large lumps of yellow slime.

Then David had a coughing attack in the middle of the night. Went on for about half an hour, interspersed with puffs on his asthma puffer and coughing so hard he threw up in the toilet. I've never seen him use that puffer as much as he did last night.

I woke up this morning after finally falling asleep from it all. The towel was full of big yellow globs from my coughing up and nose blowing. My nose and throat were full again after sleeping for a few hours. Felt like 100 years old. 

David got up and seemed reasonably functional. He's the younger man you know and appears to have a much better constitution than me. I stayed in bed for a bit and presently my back started really hurting. I guess from all the coughing and the yellow slime had slimed it's way to my lungs.

It doesn't take much to get my back going after 3 decades of lifting, and soon the pain had gone through to my front. So I had terrible pain across my whole back and front. It didn't lessen but got worse to the point of being unbearable. Fuck, felt like I was dying or something. 

Got myself into a state over it, a minor panic attack I think as my hands were going numb. Was something seriously wrong? Was my heart playing up? My liver? Kidneys? Not knowing why the pain was so sudden and intense made my head state worse. Affecting the pain as well.

However it was nurse David to the rescue. Calmed me down (by this time I was crying it hurt so much) and said I had a chest infection most likely. Proceeded to plaster my back with Voltaren cream which just about instantly worked. Went to the chemist and got the super duper nose dryer-uperers.

Am feeling a bit zombie-ish now from the pills, but at least my back's not nearly as sore, and no pain in the front.  

No comments:

Post a Comment