Tuesday 24 January 2012

Simon here next week

Simon rang last night and he's booked to arrive in Sydney next Monday. It'll be at the usual time of about 9pm at Central Station. Just a 20 minute or so bus trip from here so I'll go and meet him there. Probably have a couple of drinks somewhere before coming home. He's always sort of hyped up after the long trip like that and isn't in the mood for just relaxing. Will be here for 2 weeks. Will see how we get on this time, am sure it won't be as awkward as his last time in Sydney. 

He gets impatient at times with me. I think I do with him as well. I wish it was so easy as to wave a magic wand and just be instantly right back into life and all, but it's not. I have made some progress, but I certainly aren't any kind of social butterfly out and about in Sydney. I often just don't want to go out the front door. He on the other hand is always wanting to get out. Reckons I'll feel better if I do. He's quite right, but I simply have to do this at my own pace.

Went yesterday and did the 2 hour thing for the HIV brain study. It was a lot of different sorts of things involving memory and cognition. I can get the results next time I go see my GP there. They were going to make an appt with him especially but I said I'd just get them on my next visit. So sick of doctors appts. I dunno if I'll get any benefit out of the study, but hopefully the data gained will go into the pool of research and help people overall. 

I've given up on the printer. I think it's officially shit itself beyond any hope of redemption. I even installed it into my daughters PC, with all the drivers I got online for Windows 7, and it still did the same shit. So it's obviously something to do with the printer itself. Likely it's not worth getting fixed. Looked online and you can pick up cheap ones now at the mall for less than $50. Daughtefr really needs to print stuff out from online for her child care studies, so I'm going to have to get another one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment