Friday 27 November 2015

"I'm very comfortable in my role" - Malcolm the messiah (interview)

This the first decently long enough interview I've seen of our smick new shinny prime minister Malcolm Turnbull. 

So far I've been entirely unimpressed with his performance as opposed to his rhetoric, in that fuck all has changed in gov policy since he turfed the Abboteur. However comparing this interview with that last train wreck one of Abbott's shows a stark difference, almost night and day. 

 photo reflection.gif Messianic Malcolm sort of sucks you into a smooth talking vortex. Like a counselor guiding you to an imaginary placid lake like they do. Everything is fine. All is calm. Hear the waves gently lapping at the shore. Abbott is gone. The sounds of nature. Calmness and niceness. A plodding considered approach. I'm not Tony. No troops in Syria. I am genuine. Peace and tranquility. Ahhhhhhh.............

He's very very engaging in what is a close up interview where you can see all in HD. It's evident that there's actually a brain inside his head. What's more he's even able to articulate intelligent thoughts. Without slogans. He seems sort of like a normal human being. 

In this interview he talks of all the latest stuff, but I was more interested in his style and the way he comes across on telly.  I think in all the cacophony of the last few years of pathetic pollies, Australia may have actually stumbled onto a leader capable of, well, leading. I mean after all, if he can hold his lunatic Lieberals together that's pretty promising.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment