Thursday 26 November 2015

HIV+ blokes read hateful messages on dating apps - video



Wow. I never got into dating via computer stuff when I was being very "naughty" :)  I mean why bother when there's sex clubs just up the road where guys are there face to face all wanting the same thing? No messing about.

Although one guy asked me once "Are you clean?"  I honestly didn't get what he was talking about and simply said "Yes I just had a shower". It finally clicked later on at home when I had a bit of a light bulb moment.

But seriously, it's amazing the ignorance that's out there on these apps about HIV. It's incredibly stupid to just take it for granted that someone doesn't have HIV just because they say so. They may have it and don't even know it yet, which means without medication the virus is very easy to pass on in sex, even more-so if recently infected. It would be far safer to rely on a guy who was open about his status and his viral load being undetectable.

There was also one about "wearing HIV as a badge". WTF? Spreading awareness and being honest about a disease that has become part of who you are isn't wearing it as a badge FFS. *sheesh*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment