Monday 30 November 2015

Post shingles pain? - aching sore legs :s

Haven't been having a very good time of it lately with my legs. The gout pills appear to be slowly working and the swelling through the day is little by little reducing. However that's causing a lot of intense itching on the skin as the fluid reduces, keeps me awake and drives me nuts sometimes. Am putting some of David's special moisturising cream on them which helps. My left ankle was incredibly sore for a while too, could hardly walk at times.

Am getting other pain too though. The last time I felt anything like it was when I had the shingles on my legs and back. It was full on and diagnosed late (stupid doctor I saw at the time told me it was an allergic rash FFS). Being a late diagnosis it wasn't treated in time and I've read that shingles nerve pain can come back years after getting it. Being as the pain is so similar I'm guessing it's that.

Legs are aching from my lower back down, constant sort of pain. Not throbbing, just constant. Toss and turn at night. The other night the only way I could get any relief was to sleep on the old lounge for a bit until it seemed to settle down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment